[Zope] Modal behaviour wanted!

Richard Wesley hawkfish@electricfish.com
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 07:55:43 -0800

At 12:52 PM +0200 4/5/02, Luca Manini wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'looking for a standard and flexible way (a Zope idiom) to do in Zope
>what's really easy to do in a normal GUI (no web) for a very common
>problem.

I'm fighting a similar problem here.  I have solved part of the
problem with SESSION objects, but the form I have been given is
complex.  The goal is to create a new record in a DB table and some
entries in a join table between this new record and several entries
from an existing second table.  The form looks kind of like this:

<new record fields>

<batched list of second table entries with selection checkboxes>

<Select>

<filter controls for second table listing> <Search>

<list of selected second table entries and join data> <Delete for each line>

<Enroll> <Clear>

The big problem I see is that the batch controls are just links back
to the same page with a different start= argument.  This will lose
all the changes to the join data that the user may have made since
the page was displayed.  Short of changing the navigation to submit
buttons (a somewhat ugly solution) I don't see a way around this.

TIA,
- rmgw

<http://www.electricfish.com/hawkfish/>

Richard Wesley           Electric Fish, Inc.       hawkfish@electricfish.com

"I found it at the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, in a disused
  lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the leopard.'"
           - Douglas Adams, _The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy_