[Zope] Discussion: Best practice site structure (LONG)

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 09:27:55 +0200

Thomas Guettler wrote:

>>> Max M wrote:
>>
>>> BTW2: The btree-based relation.py I mailed you some weeks ago
>>> is broken. The keys in BTrees must all be of the same type or you
>>> get really strange behaviour. I think I will use ZCatalog.
>>

>> Uhh ... Anger and fear leads to the dark side ...
>

> What do you mean with this? ZCatalog == dark side?
>
> Do you have bad experience with it?

No ... don't take it to serious.

It just has some other problems with regards to relations. Ie. That you
have to use a unique global object id to do relations efficiently. And
then you still have to make a class that gets the actual relations. It
can be a can of worms, and there is no really nice solution to it.

See the ExplicitObjectReference proposal at:
http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ExplicitObjectReferences
for the dirt.

regards Max M