[Zope] Zope and IIS

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 17:45:49 +0200

  Hi all!

  I've got Zope installed on a Win2K Server. In that same server I've
got IIS installed, which I can't uninstall because I need it for mail
and other services, and IIS takes port 80. So now when I want to enter
into Zope I have to write 'localhost:8080', and if I just write
'localhost' I get into IIS.

  I need an easy redirection of some kind that will allow me to get into
IIS with 'localhost' and into Zope with 'localhost/zope' or
'zope.localhost', without the ':8080'.

  I've searched in zope.org, and I've tried two approaches:

  - http://www.zope.org/Members/brianh/iis_howto : I couldn't get it to
work, and besides I've read that using pcgi makes the system unstable.
  - http://www.zope.org/Members/andym/ASP404 : I couldn't get it to
work, and besides the author says it doesn't work in all situations.

  I'm quite desperate, I need this urgently! It's not just that the
':8080' makes the adress ugly, it's also that the website cannot be
accessed from many companies where they've got a firewall that blocks
access to the outside from any port different to 80.

  I've also heard something about 'rewrite rules', 'virtual host
monsters', 'redirections', but I know nothing about them.

  So, can anyone help me do this easily? Thanks in advance,

				Igor Leturia