[Zope] Zope and IIS

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:58:53 -0400

[Igor Leturia]

  I've got Zope installed on a Win2K Server. In that same server I've
got IIS installed, which I can't uninstall because I need it for mail
and other services, and IIS takes port 80. So now when I want to enter
into Zope I have to write 'localhost:8080', and if I just write
'localhost' I get into IIS.

  I need an easy redirection of some kind that will allow me to get into
IIS with 'localhost' and into Zope with 'localhost/zope' or
'zope.localhost', without the ':8080'.

[Tom P]

You can easily configure IIS to redirect to any particular page on Zope.
For example, I have a Zope folder called "gcm", and Zope is on port 8080.  I
set up IIS, and created a virtual directory, also called "gcm" for IIS.  The
wizard for setting it up makes you point to some directory, but that does
not matter because you will change it right away.

Next, open the properties for that virtual folder and change it to redirect
to the corresponding Zope directory.  Now http://localhost:11111/gcm (the
IIS virtual directory) gets transferred over to http://localhost:8080/gcm/
(my Zope installation).

You would have to map each top-level folder you want people to get at
through IIS.  There is no need for Apache or Virtual Host Monster as long as
this is all you want to do.

Cheers,

Tom P