[Zope] LocalFS and ZPT

blossom merz blossommerz@earthlink.net
09 Apr 2002 15:25:23 -0700

Hello, Jeff.

I'm sorry for my lack of clarity; I'm a zope newbie.

What I need to do is store ZPTs on the local filesystem, and have them
treated as page templates when they are browsed. As it stands, they are
served as the text of the source.

If you have LocalFS installed, you can see what I mean by trying two
things:
1) try to add a Page Template to a localFS directory:
     Error Value: Cannot add objects of type 'Page Template' to local
     directories.
2) copy the text of a ZPT into a file ending in .zpt in the directory on
the filesystem, and try to 'view' it.

I see that in the edit menu of the localFS instance (as well as in the
source of the module), I have the ability to add new types to the type
map. I have tried inserting an entry for .zpt, but nothing I've tried
will get it to treat these files as page templates.

Does this all make sense?

Thanks for your help!
blossom