[Zope] Zope and IIS

Igor Leturia IGOR@emun.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:24:23 +0200

  Hi all!

  There's been a lot of answers to my question. Thanks to all! But
there's been a lot of discussion about what I really needed, and I
couldn't answer because I wasn't at work at the time. I'll try to answer
to all the proposals and questions that have arised after my post:

Max M wrote:

>The bets cure for your blues is "Apache" It is much better at=20
>integrating webservers from all over the place than IIS.
>You need to install Apcahe on port 80, Zope on port 8080 and move IIS
to=20
>port 81

  Thanks for the indication, it will be one of the things I'll try.

Matt Gregory wrote:

>Just change the Zope start script or start.bat and add -w 80 and
>zope will run on port 80 instead of 8080.

  As Max M and Dirk Datzert later pointed out, I need IIS on port 80 for
webmail services.

Derek Simkowiak wrote:

>Eh?  Does IIS handle SMTP traffic?  That's news to me.

  No, I've got Microsoft Exchange 2000 installed, and this has got a
webmail server that uses IIS on port 80.

Andy McKay wrote:

>Those choices mentioned are your methods at present. There is rumour of
an
>ISAPI filter in progress that will solve this. If you are an ISAPI
expert we
>would love some help on the project. Otherwise you'll have to wait...

  Sorry, I'm far from being an ISAPI expert...

Tom P wrote:

>You can easily configure IIS to redirect to any particular page on
Zope.
>For example, I have a Zope folder called "gcm", and Zope is on port
8080.  I
>set up IIS, and created a virtual directory, also called "gcm" for IIS.
The
http://localhost:8080/gcm/
>(my Zope installation).

  Thanks, this will be another one of the things to try.

Max M wrote:

>That is only if you have configured Zope wrong. You need the=20
>VirtualHostMonster.

  Thanks, I will try this combined with Tom P's proposal.

Dirk Datzert wrote:

>Or does he need IIS port 25 for SMTP and doesn't know how to tell IIS
not to
>start start IIS on port 80 ?

  Yes, I know how to change the IIS port to one different from 80, but I
prefer not to (as I said, we use IIS and Exchange for webmail, and the
addresses would have :81 or something like that), unless we install
Apache as frontend and make the :81 and :8080 transparent.

  Well, thanks to all again. Maybe I'll have some more questions when I
start trying the proposals. ;-)

				Igor Leturia