[Zope] Zope Tutorial Problems

scollyer@netspinner.co.uk scollyer@netspinner.co.uk
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 15:29:41 +0100

I'm having problems with the Zope Tutorial in Zope 2.5.0 binary
distribution under Linux (kernel 2.4.10, SuSe 7.3 distro).

a) I'm running Zope via ZServer as a non-root user, and I've added
the tutorial to the Examples folder via the "Select Type to Add"
menu. This seems to have worked fine, but when I select lesson 1,
I get a long red message, telling me that "Zope cannot find the
tutorial examples ..."

b) I've created a new folder under the Zope Tutorial folder for
the "Elvis Lives" site, and I created the DTML doc home.html
by following the instructions in the tutorial. However, when
I come to view it, I get a Zope Error like this:

Error Type: KeyError
Error Value: header.gif

and a Python traceback. This looks as if Zope is failing to find
header.gif, which may be related to the first problem.

Anyone know what's going on here ? I have chmod'ed the whole
of the Zope installation tree to a+w prior to running the start
script, so I'm assuming it's not a perms problem.

Steve Collyer