[Zope] Testing interactive products

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 21:28:14 +0200

Gabriel Genellina writes:
 > I have an interactive product that behaves like a 'wizard', with many
 > stages and links and choices along the path the user can take. I want to
 > test it, and of course a "random-click-and-select-here-and-there" is
 > inadmisible as a testing practice.
 > I need at least documented, repeatable test cases, with its inputs and
 > expected output. And a way to perform a  set of test cases (automatically
 > would be great).
Several options:

  * "PyUnit", Python's unit test framework, with XML-RPC or
    "ZPublisher.Client" to access Zope (from outside)

  *  "ZUnit", similar to "PyUnit", but you start tests via
     Zope's management interface rather than from the command line

  *  A commercial Web-application testing framework (I only see ads,
     without really reading them. Thus, can not tell you which product
     to use).

Dieter