[Zope] zope file system limits

John Hunter jdhunter@ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:47:50 -0500

    Thomas> No.  People have often run out of space on the drive or
    Thomas> partition where temporary files are stored - the upload
    Thomas> apparently is stored as a temporary file until it is
    Thomas> complete.  It could also be a limit the server imposes on
    Thomas> individual users, but that doesn't seem to be reported
    Thomas> very often.

OK, thanks for the info.  I am still mystified because every
partition on the servers hard drive has 100+MB free and the file in
question is 28MB.  Smaller uploads worked ok.  As for the server limit
-- I am the sole admin of the zope server and I certainly didn't set
any limits.  Hmmm...  Is it possible that the file is converted to
ASCII in some encoding for the upload, and so the 28MB binary file is
expanding to 100+MB and I am bumping up against the free space on the
root (eg /tmp) partition?

John Hunter