[Zope] RE: [cadaver] Trouble forwarding Zope's WebDAV source port

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 12:40:25 +0200

Hi there .. me again

I'm trying to get 'sitecopy' working across the ssh tunnel, but
I get a bunch of errors::

    Downloading news.htm: [] failed:
    500 Internal Server Error

The files are created locally, but they all have a size of 0. It's a
problem with authentication. When I 'get' a resource in the 'feko_usa'
folder, I'm not prompted for authentication, and the 'get' fails. When
I 'get' in the root, I am prompted and the 'get' succeeds. When I *now*
'get' the resource in the 'feko_usa' folder, it also succeeds, since
I've had a chance to authenticate.

Here's a transcript that illustrates the issue::

    jean@blommie tmp $ cadaver
    dav:!> open localhost:8888
    Looking up hostname... Connecting to server... connected.
    Connecting to server... connected.
    dav:/> cd feko_usa
    Connecting to server... connected.
    dav:/feko_usa/> get news.htm
    Enter local filename for `/feko_usa/news.htm': news.htm
    Downloading `/feko_usa/news.htm' to news.htm: (reconnecting...done)
    Progress: [=============================>] 100.0% of 3926 bytes failed:
    500 Internal Server Error
    dav:/feko_usa/> get ../index_html
    Downloading `/index_html' to index_html:
    Progress: [=============================>] 100.0% of 2208 bytes
    Authentication required for Zope on server `localhost':
    Username: jean
    Password:
    Progress: [==============================] 225.5% of 1759 bytes
succeeded.
    dav:/feko_usa/> get news.htm
    Enter local filename for `/feko_usa/news.htm': news.htm
    Downloading `/feko_usa/news.htm' to news.htm:
    Progress: [=============================>] 100.0% of 4468 bytes
succeeded.
    dav:/feko_usa/>

(I also notice a "225.5% of 1759 bytes succeeded" which can't be
intentional.)

So is it possible to force sitesync to authenticate as a specific user
before attempting downloads, when connecting via WebDAV?

And does anyone know why Zope would not trigger an authentication prompt
in a subfolder?

(This is Zope 2.4.3 on Linux, sitecopy 0.10.15 with bundled neon 0.11.0,
and cadaver 0.19.1 with bundled neon 0.18.3)

--
Jean Jordaan
Upfront Systems                         http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za