[Zope] Apache

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
17 Apr 2002 10:06:25 +0100

Please keep on the list for the benefit of the archives...

On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 20:03, D.Rick Anderson wrote:
> We don't have any transparent proxying on this firewall.

<snip>

> It works wonderful with just Zserver and I have used it countless other
> places with standard Apache / PHP servers.

Have you ever used it with Apache Virtual Hosts (which rely on the Host
header)?

ZServer works on its own.  Apache works on its own.  An Apache + ZServer
setup works inside the firewall.  This points to one thing: somewhere
between outside the firewall and your server, some important information
is being mangled.

Have you sniffed the headers as I suggested?  Post them to the list if
you're not sure.

> I looked into Virtualhostmonster. Apparently you have to use that with
> Apache? It isn't something that you can just use with Zserver?

You could use it with ZServer but normally it is used by Apache with
rewrite rules.  Look at the first link I sent about it for examples.

However, your problem is not to do with this.  ProxyPass should work
just as well.

seb