[Zope] student folders

Bill Kerr kerrb@senet.com.au
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:35:55 +0930

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C1E5EA.E44C5400

I'm a school teacher and want to set up a folder structure of users in =
Zope consisting of school class names, such as 12ITSAS, and then =
individual folders at the next level down for each individual student, =
Student1, Student2, Student3 etc.

I'm inexperienced with Zope but do have some background in programming.=20

I would like the students to have read only and copy rights at the =
12ITSAS level folder and manager rights in their individual, Student1, =
Student2 folders.=20

In that way I can provide them with resources within the 12ITSAS folder =
that they can't change at that level but which they can copy and change =
at the level of their folders.

I can't see how to do that efficiently using the Zope security model. =
When I provide students with Manager rights at the level of their =
individual folders (Student1, Student2 etc) then they can't access the =
12ITSAS folder because that is at a higher level. And of course if I =
give them Manager rights at the 12ITSAS folder level then they can =
modify what I supply them and invade each others folders.=20

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

- Bill Kerr
  Woodville High School
  South Australia

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C1E5EA.E44C5400

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>I'm a school teacher and want to set up a folder structure of =
users in=20
Zope consisting of school class names, such as 12ITSAS, and then =
individual=20
folders at the next level down for each individual student, Student1, =
Student2,=20
Student3 etc.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I'm inexperienced with Zope but do have some background in =
programming.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I would like the students to have read only and copy rights at the =
12ITSAS=20
level folder and manager rights in their individual, Student1, Student2 =
folders.=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>In that way I can provide them with resources within the 12ITSAS =
folder=20
that they can't change at that level but which they can copy and change =
at the=20
level of their folders.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I can't see how to do that efficiently using the Zope security =
model. When=20
I provide students with Manager rights at the level of their individual =
folders=20
(Student1, Student2 etc) then they can't access the 12ITSAS folder =
because that=20
is at a higher level. And of course if I give them Manager rights at the =
12ITSAS=20
folder level then they can modify what I supply them and invade each =
others=20
folders. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any assistance would be much appreciated.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>- Bill Kerr<BR>&nbsp; Woodville High School<BR>&nbsp; South=20
Australia<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C1E5EA.E44C5400--