[Zope] Users and Roles

Juan Pablo Romero jpablo@perl.ajusco.upn.mx
17 Apr 2002 14:24:59 -0500

Hi!

I have a little problem with user managment:

/test/
  modify_db		(zsql method)
  insert_field 		(page template)
  acl_users/
     fred		(a user with the role 'db_user')

I want to allow access to 'insert_field' only to users bearing the
'db_user' role, so I created such role in the root folder.

Then I checked 'view' property in the 'db_user' column (within
'security' tab from 'insert_field'), and also unchecked the same
property in the 'Acquire Permission ...' column.

According to the manual, when a client attempts to view
/test/insert_field, zope should allow access to user 'fred' (because he
has the 'db_user' role), right?

In my case zope keeps asking for login/password.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

  Juan Pablo