[Zope] Tasking System

Larry Price laprice@efn.org
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:50:40 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002, Schmidt, Allen J. wrote:

> We are looking for an issue tracking system. Will take any and all
> suggestions!!
> Looking for something that anonymous users can add issues to for resolution.
> Admins would delegate tasks to those on our staff. Registered users could
> add/modify/delete tasks or assign to others with a trail documenting the
> process. Upon completion of an issue, an email would be generated to the
> user initiating it. Sounds like more of a helpdesk package now.
>
> The URL link to the product from the link below does not work. Wanted to
> take a look, but....

I've been in the same boat recently and finally found
Roundup, http://roundup.sf.net It's written in python, has a zope frontend
and an email interface that works, it uses a hand-crufted bsddb backend
and the html templating is slightly less than self-explanatory, but it's
easy to modify.

http://www.efn.org/~laprice        ( Community, Cooperation, Consensus
http://www.opn.org                 ( Openness to serendipity, make mistakes
http://www.efn.org/~laprice/poems  ( but learn from them.(carpe fructus ludi)