[Zope] Including DTML in an HREF Link?

Dan Shafer pydan@danshafer.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 14:26:32 -0700

What, if any, syntax permits me to put a dtml-call construct inside a
hyperlink on a Web page?

Right now, it seems to me that to execute a dtml-call, I have to create a
DTML document which makes that call and then invoke the DTML document in
the usual way in the link tag. This results in a bit of extra effort and
extra files but I don't mind doing this if that's the most effective or
efficient way.

Conceptually, what I want (with the initial angle bracket removed to avoid
formatting issues) is:

a href="<dtml-call someDTMLMethodName>">link text </a>

Now, I know that particular syntax won't work, but it shows what I believe
I want.

Or am I doing it the "best practices way"?