[Zope] Re: Re. Zope Users and Roles

Juan Pablo Romero jpablo@perl.ajusco.upn.mx
19 Apr 2002 18:16:34 -0500

Ups, I think I didn't explain myself clearly.

What I want is to restrict access to some specific file
('insert_field'). So, I created a user at some level above the location
of the file, and at root level created a role ('db_user'). Now I don't
want to restrict access to *all* files below the role level; that's way
I shouldn't modify the permissions of that folder. According to the zope
book, I only need to modify permissions of the object I do want to
restrict access.

I did as you suggested, that is, changed 'view' field of 'insert_field'
(selected entry from 'db_user' role and deselected from all other
columns).

At this point I understand zope should allow access to 'insert_field'
only to users with the 'db_user' role. But it doesn't.

Oddly, If I assing 'manager' role to the user (instead of 'db_user'),
and change the 'view' line of 'insert_field' (check 'manager' entry,
uncheck all other columns), then zope does ask for password, and accept
the user (exactly what I want, but for 'db_user' role).

It seems that user created roles don't get the same treatment than
'system' roles.

Thanks for your patience.

  Juan Pablo