[Zope] Trouble Creating Instance of Custom Product Programmatically

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 08:40:59 +0200

Dan Shafer writes:
 > Forgot to mention that I had tried it both ways: with the ZClass name and
 > with the Product name. No joy either way.

The following may be another cause of trouble:
 > >  >   <dtml-call "Clearing_add">
The "..." surrounding "Clearing_add" indicate that "Clearing_add"
is to be treated as a Python expression. However, in a Python expression
context, a name is not automatically called (unlike when treated as
a DTML name). Omit the "..." or call it explicitly with its two
positional argumentes:

	   <dtml-call expr="Clearing_add(_.None,_)">

Read "Calling DTML objects" in

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html>

for details

Dieter