[Zope] login as member and manager with one browser on CMF

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 21:58:13 +0200

Florian Konnertz writes:
 > Is it possible to login as a user and manager in two windows with the
 > same browser on CMF?
 >
 > To login as a certain user I shutdown my mozilla completey, and call CMF
 > with the users homepage URL.
 > Then I open a second window as a manager and login.
 >
 > If I do anything in the user window, I find me logged in as the manager
 > in the reply window.
 >
 > How can I avoid this?
 >
 > Switching off cookies?
 > No - Then I have to enter the pword everytime, haven't I??
This is not a Zope but a browser question:

  *  When I use Netscape 6 (under Linux!), two independently
     started Netscape processes do not share login information and
     session cookies.

     One Netscape process can work as Manager, the other as normal
     user.

     However, opening just another window will not create
     a new Netscape process but work in the old one.
     The portal would see all requests as coming from Manager.

  *  With Konqueror (again Linux), even two independently
     started Konqueror processes share the same login information
     and cookies. No way to work as both Manager and user
     at the same time. It is necessary to close *all*
     Konqueror processes and restart with a new identity.

     I expect, the Konqueror startup tries to be intelligent:
     when a new process starts, it looks for already running
     instances. If it finds one, it delegates to the already
     running process. Thus, probably, I have only a single
     process, even when I thought I started several.
     Sometimes, intelligence is messy....

Dieter