[Zope] A query

Casey Duncan casey@zope.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:32:31 -0600

Zope is a web application server. It allows you to write Javascript for
client browsers just as you can using other such tools. It does not,
however execute Javascript on the server.

Server-side scripting is done using Python and less commonly nowadays,
DTML. Templating of web pages is done using Zope page templates (ZPT)
and DTML (an older templating language). You can certainly put
javascript into pages using either templating system, but it will be
executed on the client and not the server.

hth,
-Casey