[Zope] RE: Bug in BTreeFolder 0.2 (Was: Debian and FreePM)

Tille, Andreas TilleA@rki.de
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:00:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

> It should be said that this bypasses security machinery, etc, by not using
> the ObjectManager interfaces.
What bypassed security? BTreeFolder or the patch (I doubt that this
patch does any harm to security))

> I don't think that BTreeFolder was ever positioned as much more than
> something to subclass, which is likely the right way to do the UI for it.
> For example, I'm storing several hundred thousand objects in a BTreeFolder
> derived container, and I decided that the only way to have a decent UI was
> certainly not to use any of the ObjectManager stuff, and use a catalog to
> find objects, replacing the listbox UI with a search screen.
I have to admit that I neighter know BTreeFolder internals nur that I
use it.  I just wanted to give sume support to a Debian user who had
trouble in getting FreePM running because of problems with BTreeFolder.

Security issues about BTreeFolder might have been handled by FreePM
authors - I just do not know about that.

Kind regards

         Andreas.