[Zope] Zope 2.5.0, thread stack issues

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:19:07 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Geoff Gerrietts wrote:

> Quoting Chris Withers (chrisw@nipltd.com):
> > Geoff Gerrietts wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm in the process of moving a site from a (much) earlier release of
> > > Zope, up to 2.5.whatever. In making this migration, I have encountered
> > > a problem with segmentation faults and spontaneous Zope restarts that
> > > sounds an awful lot like the problems some BSD users were encountering
> > > earlier.
> >
> > Please ensure you're using Python 2.1.3 and Zope 2.5.1 to ensure you're not just
> > experiencing some common crash bugs which have recently been fixed...
>
> I am using 2.1.3 and 2.5.1. The problem also shows up on Zope 2.4.4.
>
> Our Data.fs is huge (180MB) and our site is pretty complicated, so

You can rule out the Data.fs size also I have lots that are in the 500M to
1G range with no problems.

I think we could do with some more information. If you start zope with
STUPID_LOG_FILE="somepath/somefile" and then follow that file do you see
any errors before the crash?

What OS and version?
How much memory does the system have?
How fast is the cpu and what kind?