[Zope] SecurityGetUser -- no such method?

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 01:29:55 +0200

dman wrote:
 > I have a Python Script that needs to find out the name of the
 > currently authenticated user.  I saw docs that say to use
 > SecurityGetUser() and provide some sample DTML.  I can't seem to find
 > that method anywhere in my Python Script (and the lack of dir()
 > doesn't help me find it).  Using REQUEST.AUTHENTICATED_USER seems to
 > work, but is that the Right Way to do it?
 >
 > TIA,
 > -D

hi,

something like this should work in a Python-Script:

import AccessControl
print AccessControl.getSecurityManager().getUser()
return printed

greetings, maik.
--
maik jablonski                    http://www.sachunterricht-online.de