[Zope] Zope+Python source-code security

Pawel Lewicki lewicki@provider.pl
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:16:54 +0200

Hallo,
I was asked to make a web-application that seems to be perfect to be built
in Zope and Python. And it is also the great opportunity to get to know the
second one :) But the main issue is the security of the source-code. I was
browsing the archive and haven't found yes/no answer if it is possible.
There are a few security layers:
1. Zope management (I suppose the easiest)
2. Data.fs (Can you pull the stored objects and browse externally?)
3. Secure encryption of external Python modules and methods.
If at least one of 1-2/3 elements are possible to protect it might be enough
as the part of business logic would be put there.

In my case the licensing issue is not a problem. The problem is how to
protect the developed solution not to be copied and modified by a "naughty"
customer. Unfortunately the application would have to be running on his
server.
How to convince my boss and myself that Zope is the best solution? Or maybe
it is not? :(

Pawel Lewicki

P.S. Please copy the answer to my address as I have
the-whole-day-subscription.