[Zope] LDAPUserFolder and Zope 2.5.1

Josef Meile jmeile@hotmail.com
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:58:27 +0200

As I know, LDAP it's a standard protocol to access a user database on a

server. I also read that by using LDAP you can read and write on this

database. In my case, I only have read permissions and I'm not allowed to

see the database internal structure neither to change it. I've tried to get
it

work but it doesn't and don't know why.

I Just create a schema as follows:

LDAP Server:            ldap.myorganization.ch

Login name attribute: uid

RDN Attribute:          Canonical name

Users base DN:        ou=student,o=myorganization,c=ch

Scope:                     Subtree

Group storage:          Groups not stored on LDAP server
Groups Base DN:      same as Users base DN

                               (I don't know what else can I put here and I
don't have more info)

LDAPLogin and

Pasword are empty

User object classes: top,person
User password encryption: crypt
Default User Roles:   Anonymous
Authentication:         Basic HTTP Authentication

Next I added the group student and assigned it my local Zope role Student.

My question is how can I populate my user folder? I saw the feature add
user,

but I need to add 500 hundred users and I guess this is not the way of doing
it

and I don't see anythin on the Caches tab. My logic says my that this
feature

is only if you want to add users to your ldap database. But I rather than
add

want to authenticate them.

Because I don't have any result when I search by uid, I just made this:

<dtml-in "findUser('sn','lastname')">
  <dtml-var "_['sequence-item']">
</dtml-in>

And then I saw a dictionary with lots of fields, but not uid. I'm just

wondering why. I guess the authentication looks for this username and

then gives the password.

Whenever I observe the log contents, I see always somethin like:

(9) Apr 29 20:37:55: userx not found (getUser)

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advanced,

Josef.