[Zope] DTML in Product

Raj NS rnshas@yahoo.co.in
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:05:18 +0100 (BST)

hi

>add_contrib_dtml = DTMLFile('dtml/add_contrib',
globals())

>manage_addGalleryArt = DTMLFile('dtml/addGalleryArt',
globals(),add_contrib_dtml=add_contrib_dtml)

try this
# Constructors #

addForm = HTMLFile('addForm_HTML',globals())
#this calls the addForm_HTML.dtml from LocalFS to ZODB
# as this is the constructor __init__ , this dtml is
called when first time product is installed.

def addAction(self,id,REQUEST=None):
#Now when this addForm_HTML.dtml is running ( the form
REQUEST.form) calls the this script (addAction )

I think , I got ur problem ....

>This must be because the DTML files are not in the
>Zope
>hierarchy, but are instead in my Product, but I then
>don't understand why the DTML forms worked in the
>first
>place.  SO -- the question I'm asking is how was I
>_supposed_ to do this?  (How) can I build a DTML
>hierarchy
>like this inside my Product?

it think you better look at my prototype project
http://www.geocities.com/rajns/zope/Pustak.zip

ADVICE: if EVER you want to make a project just go
throgh projects like Squishdot , read the code ,
almost 99% u get a easy way of doing diff things.

Regards
RAJ

For live cricket scores download  Yahoo! Score Tracker
 at: http://in.sports.yahoo.com/cricket/tracker.html