[Zope] add instance of ZClass as authenticated user

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:20:05 +0200

John Hunter writes:
 > I think it is a path/acquisition error rather than an
 > ownership/security issue because even if I try to use the add form
 >
 >   http://somehost.com/some_folder/ProjectSubmission_addForm
 >
 > as a manager/owner in 'some_folder' I get the same problem.
Which one?

  The above should give you a "Resource not found" error.
  That's because "some_folder" does not have a "ProjectSubmission_addForm"
  nor can it acquire one.

  The correct URL would be

 > Further,
 > if I call the add form from the manager interface, I can successfully
 > add the class instance. So I think it has something to do with the
 > context variable in python not seeing the ProjectSubmission class/
In Python, it would look something like:

   context.manage_addProduct[<your product's name (a string)>].ProjectSubmission_addForm(context,container.REQUEST)

Not sure, how often this has already been discussed (an FAQ).
Do you want to write a HowTo (but probably there already is one)...

Dieter