[Zope] How to reload two frames?

myzope@softhome.net myzope@softhome.net
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 01:07:46 +0200

Hello Dieter,

> myzope@softhome.net writes:

>>[How to let a frame reload both another frame and itself with new values]
> Either you use Javascript or you must reload the complete frameset.

Ah. And would you say that the following from
http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/3AB4B23B4DF7606E
applies (except that the session product is incorporated in Zope 2.5.x)?

You have two options:

 * a session product (there are some around on zope.org)
   it allows you to save information across web requests

 * passing the additional information through a query string
   key=value pair (do not forget to "url_quote_plus")

 > XXX - If this method is called from the top level FrameSet method,
 > how to I access dir and file from the original request?
see above.

Dieter

>> BTW does anybody know how to implement an HTML <target="framename"> into
>> a <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(foo)">?
> This is not possible.
Pity

Thanks for your troubles,