[Zope] wake up zope objects

Thu, 1 Aug 2002 10:17:06 +0100

On Wednesday 31 Jul 2002 6:48 pm, Saleh Abubakar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I wanted to know if tal:repeat wake-up all objects in a container as
> > <dtml-in> does.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Also I will like to know if python script is used to iterate over the
> objects in a container will as well wake up the objects each time is be=
en
> called.

For all through the web code, yes. The security machinery has to check th=
e=20
security settings of the object, so ZODB has to activate them.

For trusted code, no not necessarily. ZODB doesnt activate the object jus=
t=20
because you have a reference to it. However it would be a very strange=20
iteration unless it used some attributes of those objects - and that will=
=20
cause them to be activated.