[Zope] Zope service providers- please recommend

Philippe Jadin all@123piano.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:56:19 +0200 (Paris, Madrid (heure d'été))

On Thu, 01 Aug 2002 07:10:10 -0700 Sean Kelley <sean@horse101.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for a zope hosting provider and can use recommendations.  I
> currently have 4 virtual domains and use mysql.  I am having some
> concern about stability of my provider relating to backups and uptime.
> I want to expand my web offerings to include sql data and ecommerce and
> need to count on good backups of my user directory and sql database.

do you really need specific zope support ? If you can do it yourself, you
can try a "more generic" hosting provider. Personnally, I really like
virtual dedicated server offerings, those kind of accounts give you root
power, without the price. It's usually needed to install zope, and it gives
you much more freedom.

I'm currently trying ispserver.com (it works well).
(verio used to provided virtual dedicated servers as well)

I installed zope on this kind of account (it's not a big deal), and you can
then install wathever you'd like. I found zope specific isp not as cheap
(beside imeme.net) but otoh, you may get better service if you are really
looking for a zope specific support.

I also have an imeme.net account, support is very good, but they have some
uptime problem currently (those should be fixed within the next months as
they constantly upgrade hardware).

More importantly they inform people about the problems. Their offer is very good : it is also a virtual
dedicated server, and they support zope for you. With the imeme-users mailing list and
the documentation wiki, I learned quite a lot about basic server admin, and only
now am I confident to manage my own zope with a classic isp.

Imeme is the only provider I found with a real community "spirit". Maybe
you don't need this though...

hth

--
Philippe Jadin