[Zope] session within standard_error_message

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:25:24 +0100

KevinL wrote:

> Reason I ask is, I have an app that tries to set session variables
> within the standard_error_message, and debug indicates the variables are
> there within that transaction, but gone on the next request from the
> browser.

Short version: You can't set session information in standard_error_message.

The session info is stored in a ram-based ZODB. Now, because an error has
occured, the ZODB transaction has most likely been aborted by the publisher,
hence your values aren't actually stored in the session.

cheers,

Chris