[Zope] Report to Recipient(s)

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:18:32 -0400

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 12:53:04AM +0200, Robert Segall wrote:
> Thanks Martijn - I'll do that in the future <filler> Zope, Python, Zope,
> Python</filler>.
>
> For everybody else: Pound is legit - it really is a load balancer, with some
> very specific Zope aspects (please have a look at the web page for details).
> In fact, the original motivation for writing it was to load-balance multiple
> Zope instances running in front of a ZEO server. SsL wrapping, hTtP
> sanitizing and high-availability features were just for bonus points.
>
> Since the filter seemingly flagged "Pound": the normal abbreviation for pound
> (as a unit of weight) is lb which I thought is rather fitting for a load
> balancer. Do you think I should change it for the sake of the assassin?
>
> There, I hope this time around there are enough "Zope/Python" occurrences to
> overcome the filter. Anyway, I'm not really sure what am I supposed to do
> about HtTp - I'm too used to writing it all upper-case.

The fact is was flagged was just an unfortunate coincidence; it may be more
use to see what you can do about your email chain (client, SMTP server) not
generating a Message ID, for example. As for capitalized words such as HTTP
and HTTPS, it was the combination with a slash that triggered a low score.
And only the combination of all scores would cause SpamAssassin to flag
messages as spam. Mentioning Python or Zope is a negative score, for
example. And we manually review all messages that score between 5.0 and 10.0
as well, to avoid missing false positives.

In short, just keep the name Pound. You may want to lay off on the triple
x-es though. ;)

--
Martijn Pieters