[Zope] preventing add list pollution - how?

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 12:24:45 +0200

I knew the best practice to do that, but I forgot it, and don't find the
solution on zope or elsewhere, and probably I'm confused.

Say I have a container product, and objects which just will be added to
that container or its subobjects. Therefore I don't want the subobjects
to appear in the general add list, just in the add list of the container.
I know how to manipulate that add-lists, my problem is what to do with
the subobjects to get them into zope "properly".

Do I write my subobjects like normal zope product, just without
registering them with zope as products?
Do I then add instance of my subobjects to a container just using
_.setObject?

cheers,
oliver