[Zope] Can zope cope ?

Benjamin Michael Snooks bensnooks@yahoo.com.au
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 12:45:50 +1000

--Boundary_(ID_acbJo5yky0pGJMCNlkAJbA)

I have been faced with a proposition to build a web portal type site
for an australian community.

The proposal is as follows....
The site is for a not-for-proit organisation.
Flash portal layout. Area for users to login. Logged in users progress
throughout the site collecting points according to how many messages
they may post on a message board or how many times they post images or
download files etc... The points can be exchanged for goods or services
offered in a section of the site. The site must contain a gallery of
images and videos that can be posted by user who visit. Site members
must be able to publish event reviews and details.

This site must be able to run as a .com on a foreign server we dont
have access to except via ftp. We as yet dont know what OS its running
or what server software its running.

I have little database or portal programming experience. I do have
university multimedia experience that allows me to complete the web
sites design. I also have a sound knowledge of computers and the
Internet generally and a basic knowledge of linux.

I have been appointed leader in creating the site with limited
resources.

Can anybody suggest how i tackle the problem?

Is this type of site possible with Zope if i were to attempt to teach
myself python?

Any response whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. If anyone would
like to tackle the project by all means give me a yell !

Kindest Regards
Ben Snooks

snooksy@urban.net.au
bmsno1@student.monash.edu.au
Peace and Light %

--Boundary_(ID_acbJo5yky0pGJMCNlkAJbA)

begin:vcard
n:Snooks;Ben
fn:Benjamin Michael Snooks
tel;cell:0421931026
url:smilepolice.com
org:TINY;
adr:;;;Donvale, VIC;;3101;AUS
version:2.1
email;internet:bmsno1@student.monash.edu
title:Mr
end:vcard

--Boundary_(ID_acbJo5yky0pGJMCNlkAJbA)--