[Zope] acquisition not working

Uwe Schuerkamp uwe@schuerkamp.de
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:51:22 +0200

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 07:09:42PM -0500, Mike Renfro wrote:

> I suppose it's good for standalone content, or for situations where
> you need an html-like object that has its own properties. That having
> been said, I never use it for an index_html, and this exact problem
> and solution has come up before.

Hacker Beware!  ;-) You might run into problems later when you want to
create new properties on your document.

DTML methods cannot have their own properties, a fact which bit me a
while back when I tried to implement a request counter for my DTML
documents. So whenever I tried to change a property the property of
the containing folder was changed (via Acquisition), so if you plan to
add properties you'll need to use dtml documents as opposed to
methods.

Cheers,

uwe

--
Uwe Schuerkamp               Tel: +49 (0)5241 / 80 10 66, FAX: / 806 23 38
Uwe.Schuerkamp@nionex.net       Nionex GmbH, IWN5  (http://www.nionex.de/)