[Zope] problem with Zeo, it hangs a lot and never reply the request

Gustavo M. Palomares Reyes gpalomares@proceso.com.mx
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 23:45:08 -0500

Hi!!

I was using Zope with zeo, two client machines, connecetd to a main machine.
I was running this for about a month, and it was working OK. For some
reason, that i dont know, stop working. I didn't change any configuration in
any of the computers, the problem started a week and a half ago, but these
monday the Zeo crash.

This is the problem:
If i start zope with ZEO,  when a client request a page the ZeoClient hangs
a lot and never reply the request. What i meant is that the browser mantain
an Status of "opening www.mydomain.com"  (on IE)but never display the page,
and never tell me any error. In Nestacpe sent me  a "Time Out Request", and
in Lynx stays in a status of "Waiting for reply".

Fir0st of all i thought that may be was a communication problem, but I use
Lynx locally and does the same thing.
Secondly i thougth it may be was the Squid cache, but here i my reason to
think that is ZEO:
    If start Zope without ZEO (No ZSS and no Client servers, only one
machine running Zope and point all my squid caches to the server running
zope) the site works fine, display the pages fine. And if I start the ZSS
and the CS in the machines the site does the problem above mentioned.

I use this command to start ZEO (the same config that appears in the Zope
Book)

python lib/python/ZEO/start.py -p 8800 -h 192.168.0.1

My clients run with the custom_zodb.py with 192.168.0.1 as the host and 7700
as the server port. The clients listen on the 8080 port.
Just for the record i have running Client servers in all the machines (the
ones with the squid and the one with the ZSS running)

I have cheked teh stupid_log_file, the Z2.log and the one that zope creates
with -M parameter, and neither of them sent me some error or tell me that
something is wrong.

I tried to use the configuration that Kedai shows in the zope site
(http://www.zope.org/Members/kedai/UseZeoZope), but i run in some problems
when i try to start the clients

This the output of the ZEO_EVENTS.log(using the kedai method)

host zope]# tail -f var/ZEO_EVENTS.log
------
2002-08-07T04:09:05 INFO(0) zdaemon zdaemon: Tue Aug  6 23:09:05 2002:
Houston, we have forked
------
2002-08-07T04:09:05 INFO(0) zdaemon zdaemon: Tue Aug  6 23:09:05 2002: Hi, I
just forked off a kid: 25027
------
2002-08-07T04:09:05 INFO(0) zdaemon zdaemon: Tue Aug  6 23:09:05 2002:
Houston, we have forked
------
2002-08-07T04:09:10 INFO(0) ZEO Server Serving main:
<ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage instance at 0x83085d4>
------
2002-08-07T04:09:10 INFO(0) ZEO Server Listening on ('192.168.0.1', 7700)

The ZEO server starts aparently fine

and when i start the client this what it sents me to the output
zope]# Unhandled exception in thread:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZEO/zrpc.py", line 94, in connect
    self.aq_parent.notifyConnected(s)
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/ZEO/ClientStorage.py", line 143, in
notifyConnected
    LOG("ClientStorage", INFO, "Connected to storage")
  File "/usr/local/zope/lib/python/zLOG/__init__.py", line 130, in LOG
    log_write(subsystem, severity, summary, detail, error)
TypeError: object of type 'None' is not callable

Hope some one can help me. I couldnt tested with the Kedai configuration
because of the problem of the client... And in the form that i read in the
Zope Book has the hangs.

Thx
Tavo