[Zope] keeping track of logged in users

Felix Ulrich-Oltean felix@chaptereight.com
Wed, 7 Aug 2002 10:49:58 +0100

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 11:30:51AM +0200, Jo Meder wrote:

> The illusion of "being logged in" is just an effect of your browser
> remembering username and password and sending them again without further
> bothering you to re-enter them.

I was just about to say:

Then what does the "logout" do in the ZMI?

But then I thought "let's see what the logout option does in the zmi",
so I viewed the source, then searched the zope /lib/python directory
and in ZOPE_DIR/lib/python/App/Management.py, I found the definition
of manage_zmi_logout.

Basically, to log someone out, it sends an http error 401 in the
response.

Felix.