[Zope] Zope Documentation

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
09 Aug 2002 10:31:45 -0400

On Fri, 2002-08-09 at 06:49, Breuer, Yvon wrote:
> > > Maybe we shouldn't talk about a true way, but about a *preferred* way.
> > > I really think it's a damn pity to learn something, try it, have problems
> > > and finally find out I'd better done it in another way.
> > >
> > > That's not very encouraging. Don't you agree?
> >
> > Of course I agree, it would be nice if things were more clear. But the
> > question is preferred by whom?
>
> Preferred by whom? That should be the cummunity, but --since there are quite a few people in there-- I think it have to be the same people who decide about the Zope releases. (When is it coming out? What will be in it?)

There's unfortunately no way that Zope Corporation can keep track of all
Products released by community members.  The Zope Book attempts to
establish some "best practices" for Zope core functionality, but as far
as choosing community-built products, you're somewhat on your own.

> So, if I'm correct, you think we should all come with ideas to improve the work of Trevor Toenjes?

Better yet, join the new.zope.org effort that takes place mostly on the
zope-web maillist.

- C