[Zope] Why not ZPT

Bo M. Maryniuck b.maryniuk@forbis.lt
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:37:53 +0200

On Friday 09 August 2002 07:39, Thomas Guettler wrote:
> Why not ZPT:

[skip]

>  If designers  only know HTML they don't know ZPT, too.=20
But ZPT is a bit easier to learn for *designers* than Python, "AFAIK". :D=
=20
Well, I don't think, that "designer" (who makes beauty and graphics) equa=
ls=20
"programmer" who probably know just a little who Johan Sebastian Bach was=
=2E..

> I think it makes
> much more sence to learn python than ZPT. Python is programming languag=
e,
> there are a lot of examples on the net (Cookboo) and a friendly
>  newsgroup.
IOW, let us to enforce artists learn the Python and let they make more=20
crapware and headicks for us...

> What remaines if you take away Acquisition, ZPT, DTML, ZClasses?
>  An objectoriented applicationserver,
>  a HTTP/WebDAV/FTP frontend to ZODB
Buuueee... Why Zope? Because it *wide* framework. So if you hate simplici=
ty=20
and RAD and collaboration between different sectors of developers, then y=
ou=20
should use CherryPy or something.

> Acquisition:
[skip]
>  I tried to inherit from Acquisition.Explicit but this resulted in
>  strange behaviour of some zope methods.
Yes, Acquisition is quite tricky and Zope 3 will be totally different. To=
 use=20
Explicit you should exactly specify the method / attributes you want to=20
aquire, but you probably know well this already. ;-)

--=20
Sincerely yours, Bogdan M. Maryniuck

Linux!  Guerrilla UNIX Development     Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus.
(By mah@ka4ybr.com, Mark A. Horton KA4YBR)