[Zope] Help with python

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 16:19:42 +0200

Chetan Kumar writes:
 > Following is the error message as I click on the
 > submit button (defined in "index_html" which invokes "pyinsert"
 > which in turn user the ZSQL method "insert").
 > It says "Missing Input". What is it that I am missing ?
 > File /home1/sepg/Site/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line
 > 473, in __call__
 > (Object: <string>)
 > File /home1/sepg/Site/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/sqlvar.py, line 99, in
 > render
 > (Object: EmpID)
 > Missing Input: (see above)
For the future:

  When you report problems, we need *both* the (complete!) Error Type/Value
  information and (at least) the tailing lines of the traceback.

The problem is a "<dtml-sqlvar VARIABLE ...>". This "VARIABLE" is
not defined (not listed in the Z SQL Methods "Arguments", not possible
to acquire and not locally defined).

The "Error Value" should tell you what precisely is "VARIABLE".
Probably, it's "EmpID".

Dieter