[Zope] Re: [ZODB-Dev] zope crashes on opening management screen

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 14:40:42 +0100

Anthony Connell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope this is the right list (my apologies if it is not).

It was the wrong list, so I've redirected it ;-)

> My problem is this, firstly it says this
>
> C:\Program Files\Zope>"C:\Program Files\Zope\bin\python.exe" "C:\Program
<snip>
>        Inet socket port: 8090

This is perfectly normal and exactly what I'd expect.

> Then when i go to the management interface in my browser this is output
> in the dos window.

do you actually get any of the ZMI pages back or do you get an error? If so,
what error?

>  File "C:\Program Files\Zope\ZServer\medusa\logger.py", line 65, in
> maybe_flush
>
>    self.file.flush()
> IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Haven't personally seen this before, maybe Google for the error?

http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/6350C8C5D6E964BA

...hmmm, do you have ZoneAlarm or other firewall software installed?

> Further could anyone tell me why in the code above does it contain the
> line :
> user213040188002.dial.netline.net.uk

That is the domain name of your machine. so, Zope tells you what domain and what
port its servers are listening on.

cheers,

Chris