[Zope] oops! over-restricted access to part of my zope server....

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 18:57:23 +0200

Greg Conway writes:
 > Interestingly enough though, when I later restricted my access to part of a
 > site with a combination of an exUserFolder and a badly-placed SiteRoot, the
 > emergency user couldn't help me....
 >
 > Is there anything more powerful than this? I've restored that part of my
 > site for now, but just for future reference!
The Emergency user can cure any permission problems (at least, this
is as it should be). But, it is powerless against traversal magic
(like that of SiteRoots).
The SiteAccess product (SiteRoot belongs to it) comes with its only
rules to inhibit the magic. Read the corresponding documentation.

Dieter

PS: Please stay on the list (such that I can often write: "search the
mailing list archives).