[Zope] zope, virtual hosts

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 19:34:00 -0500

Hi, I've been reading:

  http://www.zope.org/Members/regebro/Zope_and_Apache

trying to setup Zope with Apache.  I'm using the approach described by the
heading:

  Virtual hosting with several sites per Zope server

I've updated httpd.conf and restarted Apache.  I've downloaded Zope 2.5.1,
unpacked it into /usr/local/ and ran:

  cd /usr/local/Zope
  sudo ./install -u apache -g apache

When I try to access the virtual host from the browser, I get Connection
refused: proxy cannot connect to 127.0.0.1 port 8080 failed.

Is this because I need to run the start script for Zope?  If I need to run
the start script to start Zope, I'm surprised that I haven't seen more
reference to adding that to /etc/init.d/ and such.

Thanks,

// mark

-