[Zope] Zope Book 2.6 edition progress

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:40:41 -0400

Hi,

I have placed a development version of a new Zope Book edition
(covering Zope 2.6) up for perusal at
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition .  It is
not yet finished, but it's getting there.  10 new chapters have been
added, and many others have been rewritten.  The way you can tell if
a chapter has been rewritten is that it will typically have no
inline comments, because they've all been addressed in the body of
the chapter.  Chapters *with* comments are typically the ones that
have not yet been rewritten or otherwise meaningfully changed.

You may not use inline commenting on this version of the book as you
can with the "current" Zope book online version as don't want to
gather inline comments just yet.  However, if you notice something
really desperately wrong (NOT spelling, NOT chapter numbering, NOT
figure numbering, NOT grammar, NOT license or "hair splitting"
terminology nits) in the content of the document, feel free to let
me know via email.

Thanks!

- C

PS - Anyone who is willing to help edit and extend the following
chapters would get fame and glory via a mention in the Preface:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Maintain
ingZope.stx
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/CustomZo
peObjects.stx
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Relation
alDatabases.stx
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Security
.stx

The rest of the chapters I've got pretty much under control (or at
least I think I can finish them soon).

"Editing and extending" these chapters means:

 - Downloading the source version of the chapter via the "STX
source"
   link at the top of the page.

 - Addressing all the comments in the section (either by ignoring
them
   or weaving a solution to the complaint represented by the comment
   into the document).

 - Extending the chapter based on the comments or your own personal
   experience.

 - Sending the edited source back to me for inclusion
   into the Book.