[Zope] startup script for red hat linux?

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 18:50:07 -0400

> I don't know if it's documented anywhere. I found out the hard
> way ;-) by adding the line without changing the start script. I
had to
> ssh into the server to kill the Zope process before it could
finish
> booting. Once I removed the -D argument it worked fine.

I have put a note in the "Maintaining Zope" chapter at
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Maintain
ingZope.stx to the effect that we need to have better docs about
this.

> > I'm tempted--despite how relatively clueless I am--to write yet
another
> > HOWTO describing my experiences getting Zope working with
Apache.  I
> > suppose
> > it'd be more effective to try to contribute to some canonical
reference,
> > though.  Er, I mean, find, read, and grok it first, of course.
Is there
> > such a thing?

You may want to read
http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition/Maintain
ingZope.stx/document_src in  your own copy add anything you think is
worthwhile, sending the result to me in email for inclusion in the
Book...