[Zope] Tutos

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 13:53:46 +0200

Oliver Marx wrote:
> Dear List
>
> I am thinking of writing a Tutos frontend for Zope.
>
> Would that be of any interest?
>
> \Oliver

hi oliver,

what are the benefits & the surplus from this rewrite? storing your data
still in MySQL [or any other relational database] and simply replacing
PHP-web-interfaces with Zope/Python-Interfaces is a lot of work &
maintainance for a long time [to be in sync with the Tutos-guys] without
any significant advantages, isn't it?

switching the database-backend to ZODB would be interesting [maybe a
'proof on concept' for the power of ZOPE], but is even more work for one
person. maybe we should think about starting a TeamWare-Project for ZOPE
from the scratch...;-)

cheers, maik
--
Maik Jablonski                 __o