[Zope] Problems with list of object references

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:49:55 +0200

Sven Rudolph wrote:

>ZCatalog doesn't contain object references. It only contains static data.
>But I need a list of references for further use.

What you are suggesting is an "expensive" operation. You need to wake up
12000 objects or more to make the complete list.

The ZCatalog was created so you don't need to do that. Just do the query
in the catalog, sort on date, and then get the newest objects from that
list.

You can get the object from a catalog item bycalling :
catalog.getobject(rid, REQUEST)

regards Max M

--

"Sorry I would Really Like To Help More On This Project,
But Am To Busy Doing Paid Work On A Tight Deadline"