[Zope] need to make zope accessable from only two different IP-Addresses

Robert Segall roseg@apsis.ch
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:28:34 +0200

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 13:45, you wrote:
> I already setup Zope, I'm using FreeBSD 4.6 and Zope from the ports
> collection. How can I define the hosts which are allowed to access the
> Zope Server on Port 8080?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>     Manuel

This is much better handled at the OS level rather than Zope (or any other
web server): add rules to your firewall to allow only specific hosts access
to the relevant port - probably something like

  pass in quick on rl0 proto tcp from 1.2.3.4 to myhost port 8080 keep session
  block in quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to myhost port 8080

Be aware that this is very poor security - it is extremely easy to fake the
source address of any packet...
--
Robert Segall
Apsis GmbH