[Zope] Question regarding exposing Zope on port 80

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 21:49:15 +0200

Sean Bossinger writes:
 > Once I create the application framework, I don't want to have to tell my users
 > to append ":8080" to the end of the web address that they'll be coming in to.
You already got advice for Windows (look at "z2.py" and start with HTTP port
80).

For Unix, it is not so easy, as all ports below 1024 are priviledged
and only "root" can bind to them. You can start Zope as "root" (and
use the Windows setup) (not recommended) or use Zope behind
an Apache or Squid (HowTos on Zope.org).

Dieter