[Zope] python script parameters

Ben Avery ben@thesite.org
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:28:40 +0100

this worried me a little, I had thought the idea of XML-RPC was that
complex data structures could be passed back and forth, and the XML-RPC
on Zope articles and how-tos only seem to pass simple arguments. So I've
had read around about XML-RPC generally, and it has a number of
different datatypes, including (thank Buddha) Struct, which is
essentially a Python dictionary.
So if your method is a python script which picks up a single parameter,
this can be a single dictionary, allowing you to pass named arguments,
including blank fields, in any position. big :)

maybe I'll write a how-to on this when I have time.