[Zope] Preffered Startup procedure

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@kostyrka.priv.at
14 Aug 2002 14:41:48 +0200

Am Die, 2002-08-13 um 15.59 schrieb Kevin Sullivan:
> Hi,
>
> 	I have been having problems keeping zope running for an extended
> period of time. I start zope with "./start &" from a terminal. My
> current instance of zope has been running fine for a few days, but it
> seems to be because my terminal is still active and available to write
> logging to. When I start zope and my terminal becomes disconnected zope
> seems to die fairly quickly. Is there a way to avoid this, or a way to
> automatically restart zope? Thanks...
Well, what about:
man nohup

z2.py --help

could also help, especially if you'd look at the content of the start
script.

To quote:
  -D

    Run in Zope debug mode.  This causes the Zope process not to
    detach from the controlling terminal, and is equivalent to
    supplying the environment variable setting Z_DEBUG_MODE=1

So instead of ./start &
I'd suggest something like
nohup python2.1 ./z2.py   &
                        ^ put your option mix here.